RSS

Choosing Ribbon for the perfect Dog Bow...


Back when I was grooming and running my own grooming salon in Southern California, I remember getting so frustrated at the lack of choices in dog bows.  I would give my all into giving my clients the best grooming experience they could have, and then get totally embarrassed as to have to finish this gorgeous hand scissor cut with a quick dog bow made of cheap satin acetate ribbon.  It didn’t matter if it was a puppy’s first groom or a well seasoned adult dog that was in my salon every week.  Those dog bows, just looked “cheap” and would snag and fray way before the next grooming. 
Usually the bows wouldn’t last a day, when you know your client just adores it.  I searched high and low for bows that met my standards of quality and would not tear into my profits of the groom, without any luck I finally decided to create my own bows.
I played around with all types of different ribbons, their durability, variety and the value.  I decided to concentrate on Organza, Double/Single Faced Satin, and Grosgrain Ribbons.  Organza ribbon to me is the best, its glittery effect, and is very strong and does not snag or fray.  The Double and Single Faced satins as well as grosgrain ribbons, are very pretty and durable too, but usually I will have to treat the ends so that they do not fray.  Although the Grosgrain Ribbons, I feel are more sturdy and durable and will last days to weeks before you really need to toss them.
Once I realized the best ribbons to use the fun really began.  I wanted to bring dog bows from cheap to fancy without the added costs associated to “show” bows.  I replaced the standard satin acetate bow colors with a variety of colors, including Hot Neon’s and glittery as well as satin bordered Organza, and wild prints and solids in grosgrains and Satin.
Follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook.  We supply bows to groomers, grooming salons, individual pet owners, and even a couple of online pet stores are carrying our bows.  We are here looking forward to supplying you with High Quality Ribbon Daily Grooming Bows for everyday use, as well as Holiday’s and special occasions.  Email us for complete price lists and delivery schedules.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwwww... how cute!

Post a Comment